ACMHS is growing to meet the needs of our community.
We are looking for therapists who want to join us in this effort. ACMHS has multiple clinics in Anchorage and Fairbanks. Our Child and Family services includes a nationally recognized Child Trauma Center, a therapeutic preschool and early childhood specialty clinic, a transition age youth program that includes a drop-in center and job skills development program with integrated mental health services, and an outpatient child and family clinic that provides evidence-based child and family therapy services. Our adult programs serve those who experience a broad range of mental illnesses through therapy, medication management, a vocational training program, supported housing, intensive outpatient services, case management, as well as traditional clinic-based services. In 2020 we will be opening a Military Families Clinic as well.
Training & Supervision
At our Anchorage or Fairbanks clinics you will receive state of the art training, clinical supervision and support to provide the most effective, scientifically-supported, evidence-based treatments available for to children, youth, adults and families. Clinicians work in collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams providing individual, family and group therapy services. We engage clinicians in continuous professional development to improve their clinical practice, learn new treatments, progress towards licensure and achieve excellent patient outcomes.
We have position openings in both Anchorage and Fairbanks, AK. Surrounded by the beautiful Chugach Mountains, Anchorage offers ready access to outdoor adventures from back-country skiing to world-class salmon fishing. As Alaska’s largest city it also offers the comforts of urban living with excellent medical care, restaurants, shopping, cultural activities, great schools, and more. We also have no sales or state income tax. Fairbanks is the largest city in the interior region of Alaska. Fairbanks is the home of the Midnight sun in the summer and filled with the allure of the Northern Lights in the winter. The summers make up for the cold winters with long beautiful sunny days, great lake fishing, hunting and berry picking.
At ACMHS we have three career levels for clinicians.
Our Licensed Clinician Position requires:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, counseling, rehabilitation counseling, or similar mental healthcare discipline.
- Alaska license as Clinical Social Worker, Psychologist, Psychological Associate, or Professional Counselor.
Additionally, our Senior Clinician requires:
- Eligibility to become a licensed clinical supervisor in the State of Alaska.
- ACMHS provides support and high-quality supervision to meet the licensure requirements for selected clinicians who have completed an appropriate master’s level program.
Salary ranges are as follows:
- Senior Licensed Clinician – $72K – $93K per year
- Licensed Clinician – $65K – $85K per year
- Unlicensed Clinician- $51K – $66K per year
In addition to base salary there are opportunities to earn up $27K in annual incentives each year based on achievement of individual and organizational goals
- 30 days PTO after first year of employment (15 days first year)
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance
- 10 Paid holidays
- 401K with 5% employer match
- Paid training available for continuing education
- Eligibility for student loan repayment
- Relocation assistance and/or signing bonus available