Alaska Behavioral Health and The Alaska Child Trauma Center provide training in trauma-informed care through partnerships with the National Childhood Traumatic Stress Network and the State of Alaska’s Trauma Training initiative.
The Alaska Child Trauma Center is a regional training hub for the SAMHSA-supported National Complex Trauma Training Network, a certified ARC Training Site, and the lead agency for the Alaskan Trauma-Informed Care Statewide Training Initiative.
Training opportunities include:
- Peer Support
- Trauma 101
- ARC (Attachment, Self-Regulation and Competency Development; a framework for working with complex trauma in youth)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Annual Alaska Advanced Trauma Training Institute
- Mental Health First Aid®
- QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Suicide Prevention- coming soon
- Speaking engagement requests around customized trauma topics to include agency staff trainings, workshop and keynote presentations at professional conferences, as well as event panel experts on trauma.
For more information on any of these training opportunities, please fill out the training request form below.