Our mission is to strengthen Alaska communities and improve the lives of our clients by delivering exceptional behavioral healthcare services.
We believe all Alaskans, with all mental health and addiction needs should have access to the best possible care. We are proud to be part of a dedicated team committed to ending the stigma around mental health and changing the lives of our clients for the better. We are a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic and a partner of the National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
Our Vision: Wellness for Everyone!
- Community – We value the wellness of our consumers, our staff, and our community.
- Access – We value opportunities for participation in programs, activities, and services that support recovery and wellness.
- Relationships – We value person-focused relationships with the people we serve.
- Integrity – We value the highest levels of integrity in carrying out our Mission and Vision.
- Needs – We value the identification of needs and the achievement of desired outcomes of the individuals and families we serve.
- Growth – We value the personal growth of those we serve toward a self-determined, high quality life in the community
We serve children and adults who experience a wide range of mental health issues, including children who experience severe emotional disturbance and adults with severe mental illness, with or without co-occurring substance use. Every day there are stories of children and adults getting better and overcoming the impact of mental illness on their lives. Recovery is possible.
In addition to providing direct care supports for individuals of any age, Alaska Behavioral Health staff and volunteers join with the individuals who choose our programs to advocate for fair and equitable treatment. The stigma about mental illness and addiction is real and the road to recovery is more challenging due to general misconceptions and prejudices. Our Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and consumers are committed to ending the stigma and celebrating the contributions of all Alaska residents.
A Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC)
National Child Traumatic Stress Network
The Alaska Child Trauma Center at Alaska Behavioral Health is a treatment integration and adaptation center (Category III) for the SAMHSA-supported National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN). We joined the NCTSN in 2005 as Alaska’s first NCTSN site and are the only NCTSN in Alaska serving both Alaska Native clients and and the general population.
About our Name
For decades, Anchorage Community Mental Health Services has served the mental health needs of Alaskans. Over the years we extended operations to Fairbanks, created specialized programs, and continued to evolve our treatments to help our clients on their personal journey to wellness and recovery.
As part of that mission we changed our name, effective June 1, 2020, to Alaska Behavioral Health to better reflect the geographies we serve and services we provide.